Henry Schein believes in the concept of doing well by doing good. We also know that we cannot do good by ourselves. Our work is enriched by the dental, animal health and medical practitioners who volunteer their time and talent to care for those in need. To celebrate their work, and to encourage others to follow in their footsteps, we have established the Henry Schein Cares Medal, which recognizes excellence in expanding access to health care for the underserved.
Open to U.S. Registered 501(c) (3) organizations in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico)
- Applicants must be a U.S. non-profit corporation or trust that is tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3) and that is a public charity (not a private foundation);
- Applicants cannot be a university, including a university department, or any other entity that is legally part of a university or share a common tax identification number;
- As of August 17, 2015, applicants must not be an employee of the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, Inc. or Henry Schein, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies or members of the immediate family or household of each. Immediate family member is defined as a parent, sibling or any person residing in same household as employee.
- Applicants can be a customer of Henry Schein and its affiliates, but that will have no bearing on the judging.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the their submitted Program has expanded access to health care for the underserved in a novel and innovative way that is measurable and quantifiable. Emphasis will be placed on expanding access to health care for children (birth to age 18), although all efforts to expand access to care will be considered, including those involving companion animal health.
- Programs should involve an established multi-disciplinary team that demonstrates the expertise needed for a comprehensive solution to the targeted problem.
- Programs must demonstrate potential for replication and large-scale impact.
- Proposals must include a business plan or demonstration of financial sustainability.
- Programs may not be sponsored or supported in excess of $5,000 annually by any of the Sponsors or any of their affiliates.
- Applicant hereby agrees that the Product Awards (as defined in Section 5), if received, are in-kind charitable gift(s) solely for the provision of charity care, will only be used to provide care to those who are unable to pay, or from whom payment would be a significant hardship and are not intended for sale or resale and no patient or service fees can be charged for the procedures utilizing the Product Awards.
- Applicant hereby agrees that the Cash Awards from the HSCF (as defined in Section 5), if received, will be used solely for the provision of charity care , will not be used for any services reimbursed by any federal or state healthcare program; and neither participation in the Henry Schein Cares Medal Program nor acceptance of any awards obligates the recipient to purchase Henry Schein, Inc. or Henry Schein, Inc. affiliates’ products or services or to conduct business with Henry Schein, Inc. or its affiliates.
The 2015 Application Period is now closed. Please check back in mid 2016 for the announcement of the 2016 Application Period.
Click here to see the 2016 Henry Schein Cares Medal Finalists