The Henry Schein Cares Foundation, in association with Henry Schein, Inc., offers grants and supplies to community health organizations to provide free medical and dental services throughout the country under the banner of "Healthy Lifestyles, Healthy Communities®." Successful projects will promote access to health care, wellness, and prevention for underserved communities at events around the country that are fun and engaging for the community.
Healthy Lifestyles, Healthy Communities® also is supported by Henry Schein's supplier partners.
- Applicants must be public entities (e.g., state or city health departments) or non-profit 501(c)3 organizations.
- Events must include the following five types of screenings: hypertension, asthma, diabetes, obesity, and oral health. Individual providers may choose to offer additional screenings based on their capacity.
- Applicants must have the necessary equipment to conduct the required five types of screenings. Healthy Lifestyles, Healthy Communities will only provide consumables.
- Events should provide participants with educational materials about ways to prevent and treat common health problems, as well as assistance in finding local community health centers where they may receive health care on a regular basis.
- Applicants should demonstrate that the target population is underserved and/or unlikely otherwise to access screenings.
- Events must be supervised by state certified medical and dental personnel. Providers must have all necessary insurance and liability coverage.
- Volunteers must be involved in the running of the event.
Applications for 2014 Healthy Lifestyles Healthy Communities events are now being accepted. Application deadline is 2/28/2014. All applications will be reviewed by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC). Grant recipients will be notified in April 2014.